Saturday, May 1, 2010

絵手紙はじめました。 Introduction


Hi, I'm Treeeee/風林庵. Welcome to the Etegami diary :)
Well, since it’s the first posting, let me introduce myself.
I'm a university student in Melbourne, currently studying in Malaysia for one semester. Although I'm taking liberal arts as a major, I still love art since I was a child. My style is watercolor painting, but I'm practicing digital art recently. (It's very hard for me though, because I'm an analog person  =_=)

Now we shall move on to the introduction of Etegami for those who are not familiar with this genre :)

絵手紙-Etegami-is a type of letter, which has a picture of seasonal flowers, vegetables, events or any other places with a poem beside it. (the meaning of poem is related to the picture as well)
This culture has become popular since 1978, and it has been enjoyed as one of the traditional Japanese art. In short....it's like a handmade postcard :)
Each card carries meaningful messages. Sometimes, a sender/painter is saying "Thank you for apples, they were very tasty", or he/she may say "It's getting cold these days, but I'm fine and healthy" to a receiver. When I was small, I was fascinated with the fact that the card, this small card, delivers a heart of yours.

Today, I'm introducing two cards here :)

The one on the top is Tomato, Me, Malaysia
This is for my parents.

”Hotness Heat Steam..That's Malaysia
Although my face is red all the time, I'm alive, healthily”





This card is about a mouse. うちも正直えらいねん~honestly, I'm tired too~
This is for my uni friends :)

"Are you busy for study? I was running around all day, and I'm very exhausted too. Let's take a break and have some cheese."

A lot of assignments are coming, and exams as well..
But make sure to have some little break. Reward yourself. I heard the mouse saying so.

Treeeee 風林庵

No comments:

Post a Comment